Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get access to the Internet?
- Use our registration form, please note, that your registration will be active within one business day. (Business days are Monday-Friday, not including holidays)
- I registered more than one business day ago and am still unable to access the internet, what do I do?
- Please use the email address and password you selected, this will allow multiple computers/devices onto the Internet. Also, ensure that on your registration, you included all information, including the address and apartment number of the building we service.
- I am not getting anything when I open my web browser, not even a registration page, what do I do?
- Check to see if you have a firewall on your computer, i.e. ZoneAlarms, McAfee, Norton (generally Windows Firewall does not block access), if so, try deactivating it and then attempting to load a web page. If you are able to load a web page after deactivating the firewall, you will have to configure it to allow Internet access for your own computer. Check to see if you have a proxy server enabled on your computer's Internet browser software (this link will show you a video on how to check this on YouTube), if so, deactivate it and set your browser for a direct connection/no proxy to the Internet.
- What are your hours and how can I get hold of you for after hours service?
- Our office hours are 9 am - 5 pm Monday-Friday and our office number is 515-233-3390. For after hours service, please call the office line at 515-233-3390 as we have a 24/7 answering service. A technician will return your call by the next business day, often shortly after you call. Please remember, if you don't notify us of a problem, we are unable to fix it! You can also submit a Contact Us web form or text us at 515-523-3390, please include your address and the exact problem you are having.
- What do I need to get on the Internet with my computer?
- If you live in a building we provide wireless service to, you will need a wireless network adapter. For the best adapters, check here. Follow the instructions that come with your adapter for installation. You can purchase these at Staples, Best Buy or other tech stores and websites. If you live in a building with Ethernet service, purchase an Ethernet cable and plug your network card into the wall jack or plug your wireless router into the wall jack. If using a router, make absolutely sure you are plugging into the WAN/Internet/Modem port on your router, failure to do this will cause your router not to work.
- My Internet speed seems slow. Please help!
What We Do
RENT Iowa provides low-cost, high-speed Internet solutions for multi-dwelling units throughout Iowa.
RENT Iowa was founded in 2000 as a web design and advertising company for property managers. Over the years, we have grown into a full-service property services company, helping property managers across the state fill their units.
AVG AntiVirus (free for personal computers)
SpyBot (removes spyware, free download)
Firefox (alternative to Internet Explorer)